St Matthew United Methodist Church $1,900/month
Lease Opportunity The church is available for lease on a shared basis with the owner (1344 Borgstrom, Ypsilanti). The tenant would be able to start their service at 11 AM on Sunday and have a mid-week service. Lease Price $1,900 per month including utilities for the SanctuaryProperty Description The church is approx. 11,000 square feet in size with a parking lot for 51 carsSanctuary Capacity 240 persons (in pews and chairs, sanctuary size is 78 ft by 38 ft)Handicap Access The church has a handicap ramp that provides access to the upper floor and a chair rail system that provides access to the lower level. The main floor of the building has a handicap bathroom.Kitchen The kitchen has 4 sinks, with a stove (6 burners ) and refrigerator/freezer. The overall size is 16 ft by 18 ft and has a serving window and door onto the fellowship hall. The tenant can have a cabinet in the kitchen for storing their coffee and paper products.Pastor’s Office The pastor’s office is adjacent to the sanctuary (size 13 ft by 16 ft). The owner is willing to share the office with the renter or the renter could have the adjacent office (8 ft by 16 ft).Fellowship Hall The fellowship hall is approx. 60 ft by 38 ft and is adjacent to the kitchen and chapel.ClassroomsFive classrooms are spread through out the building. The classrooms vary in size from 14 ft by 16 ft to 23 ft by 16 ft. The parlor off the sanctuary is 16 ft by 24 ft.Parking Lot Description 51 parking spaces are contained in the two parking lots. Surface street parking is allowed on the side streets.Heating The building has boiler for heating the building.
Ypsilanti: Fact Sheet
In 1809, three French explorers built a log structure on the west bank of an Indian trading post and was one of the earliest structures in the vast, sparsely populated Michigan territory, whose citizens, including soldiers, at first, numbered just 4,762. Gabriel Godfrey, proprietor of the trading post, was followed in 1823 by Benjamin Woodruff who, along with several companions, established a small settlement on the river a mile south of the post and named it Woodruff’s Grove, the first settlement in Washtenaw County.
In 1824, Father Gabriel Richard, Representative in Congress for the Michigan Territory, urged the building of a federal highway from Detroit to Chicago, to be known as the Chicago Road. In 1825, three prominent settlers, Judge Woodward, John Stewart and William Harwood, combined their own land to form the original plat for a new settlement at the crossing of the Huron River and Chicago Road. It was named after the Greek Patriot General Demetrius Ypsilanti. The city developed as stage coach stop, railway center for the trade between Chicago and Detroit.Area
4.2 square milesPopulation 22,362 (2000 census)Households 8,551Household Income $28,610 (2000 Census in 1999 Dollars)Per Capita Income $13,559 (2000 Census in 1999 Dollars) Fun Facts 68% of commuters drove alone to work in 2000, up 3% in 10 years 56 miles of streets (2.3 miles of freeway, 20 miles of major streets, 33 miles of local streets) 11,956 registered voters Incorporated as a village in 1832 Incorporated as a city in 1858 Attractions: Frog Island Music Festival Washtenaw Community College Eastern Michigan University Miller Motor Sales Museum Ypsi Auto, Truck and Fire Museum