Sale Church is for sale, 2705 Virginia, Kalamazoo, the property totals approx. 6.89 acres (vacant land to the north and west of the church parking lot) Physical Description Church (seating for approx. 215, fellowship hall, offices, and classrooms) Sale Price $195,000Church, Fellowship Hall, and Classroom DescriptionSize The sanctuary, fellowship hall, and classrooms total approx. 10,696 square feet on two floors. The sanctuary section of the building has two floors with the lower level having a set of bathrooms, classrooms, kitchen and boiler room. The west wing of the building is on ground level (no steps) and contains a kitchen, set of bathrooms, fellowship hall, classrooms and offices.Sanctuary DescriptionCapacity approx. 215 persons (83 ft. by 30 ft.)Sanctuary Design The sanctuary faces north-south with a baptismal pool at the rear of the altar. A sound booth is near the rear of the sanctuary. Some of the pews at the front of the sanctuary have been removed and are stored at the rear of the sanctuary.Pastor’s Office Adjacent to the sanctuary (approx. 15 ft by 17 ft)Fellowship Hall DescriptionKitchen Area 1 stove (4 burners and oven), 1 refrigerator/freezer,and 2 sinks (kitchen is located adjacent to the fellowship hall). The overall size of the kitchen is approx. 19 ft. by 27 ft.Fellowship Hall Size 33 ft. by 39 ft. with the adjacent kitchen. The fellowship hall has a cathedral ceiling with expansive natural lighting.Classroom DescriptionClassrooms 7 (including the nursery). The largest classroom is approx. 26 ft by 20 ft. The classrooms are spread throughout the building.Offices 4 Offices The offices are spread throughout the building.Daycare The building had a daycare operation at one time. The playground was fenced off on the north side of the church.Heating and Cooling The building has a boiler for warm water radiant heat. The sanctuary is fully air conditioned with some offices having window units.
DTE (for gas and electric on a budget payment plan paid by the owner)8,750
Kalamazoo: Fact Sheet
Kalamazoo Township was created in 1830 under the name of Arcadia Township by the Territorial Legislature. Kalamazoo County was created on the same day. Initially Arcadia Township contained all eight of the northern townships in Kalamazoo County. In the next decade, Richland, Ross, Charleston and Comstock Township were separated from Kalamazoo Township. In 1836, Arcadia Township changed its name to Kalamazoo Township and the Village of Bronson was renamed Kalamazoo. Kalamazoo was incorporated as a village in 1843 and a city in 1884.The name Kalamazoo is derived from either the Potawatomi Indians (originating from the upper Mississippi River) or the Odawa (Ottawa) people who are known as the first people of the nation.The Kalamazoo Promise is a program designed to guarantee educational opportunities for students in Kalamazoo Public Schools. All students who graduate from KPS, have continuous residency and enrollment in the district and have been KPS students for four years or more are eligible for the program. Anonymous donors fund up to 100% tuition for eligible KPS graduates. Tuition is guaranteed at public colleges and universities in Michigan. The promise has ignited a movement back to the residential areas of Kalamazoo.Area 26 square miles (11.7 square miles of land and .1 square mile of lake)Population 74,262 ( 2010 Census)Dwelling Units 31,782 ( 2005 Kalamazoo county information)Household Income $31,152 for the average household, $44,166 for the average familyPer Capita Income $20,088 (2000 Census in 2000 Dollars)Median Housing Value $95,300 (2009 estimate)Altitude 780 feet Large Employers Western Michigan University, Pfizer, Borgess Medical Center, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo Public Schools
Share this: Print