Webberville United Methodist Church $99,000
Sale Opportunity Complete Parcel of approx. .6 (net) acres is available for sale (205 N. Summit, Webberville) Physical Description Church (seating for approx. 175, fellowship hall, kitchen, and nursery) The first phase was built in 1885 with renovations over the years. Sale Price $99,000
Church, Fellowship Hall, and Kitchen Description
The sanctuary, fellowship hall, and kitchen total approx. 5,800 square feet
approx. 175 persons (approx. 50 ft by 31 ft with an overflow section increasing the width another 20 ft)
The sanctuary faces east-west, with an overflow area on the north side.
An elevator was added to the building in 1996, this provides handicap access to both floors.
Fellowship Hall Description
2 stoves, 2 refrigerators,and 3 sinks. The kitchen has a window onto the fellowship hall.The overall size of the kitchen is approx. 19 ft. by 19 ft.
Fellowship Hall Size
55 ft. by 34 ft. with with the adjacent kitchen. The fellowship hall stretches the length of the building.
Located in the lower level with another classroom.
The pastor’s office is next to the altar. It is approx. 12 ft by 21 ft with an adjacent office for a secretary.
Parking Lot Description
The parking lot has 23 spaces in addition to the 3 handicap spaces next to the building.
The building has forced air furnaces for heating and air conditioning the building.
Utility2006 ($)2007 ($)
Electric$2,099$1,895 Water477489 Gas2,7952,680
Webberville United Methodist Church: Site History
In the 1830’s pioneer families from the East came to Leroy Township. They made clearings in the forests. Pioneer Methodist Circuit Riders rode horseback from settlement to settlement. One of these Circuit Riders was Reverend J. H. Castor under whose direction our first Methodist parsonage was built in 1877 on W. Grand River, which served all pastors until 1928, when one was purchased on North Main Street, which served all pastors until the present one on Beech Street was purchase in 1970.
In the spring of 1880, William McPherson deeded the lot on which our church stands to the First Methodist Church of Webberville. However, it was not until Reverend Castor returned to the area in 1883, that the building of a church was promoted. It was started in 1884 and dedicated in 1885.
We celebrated the 50th anniversary on the last Sunday of 1935. Our church has been improved and remodeled many times since then. The last improvement was the elevator that was added in 1996. Webberville United Methodist Church is now building a new building to accommodate their expanding ministry. They hope your congregation can as successful in their building.
Webberville: Fact Sheet
Webberville is a village in Leroy Township, located approx. 20 miles southeast of Lansing. The high school football team was 9-0 in 2007 (first time in school history).Area 1.2 square milesPopulation 4,348 (2000 census)Dwelling Units 1,656 (2000 Census)Household Income $49,435 (2000 Census in 2000 Dollars for 48892 zip code, metropolitan statistical area 7070, core based statistical area 29620)Per Capita Income $18,041 (2000 Census in 2000 Dollars for 48892 zip code)Elevation 889 ft above sea levelMedian Housing Value $118,100 (2000 Census in 2000 Dollars for 48892 zip code)Namesake Hubert P. Webber, Postmaster of United States Latitude 42.648084 Longitude 84.177271