Greenfield Peace School $915,000
This Property Has Been Sold.
Sublease Opportunity The school was built in phases starting in 1952 with the last phase being in 1981. The school building is available for lease. The complete parcel of land is 3.53 acres. Sale Price $915,000 for a sale price is negotiable
School Building Building Description
The school building is approx. 20,354 square feet in the school building and two detached classrooms that are approx. 1,846 square feet, for a total of 22,200 square feet
Up to 11 classrooms, most classrooms range in size from 23 ft by 27 ft to 28 ft by 34 ft.
The main building has a handicap ramp that provides access to the single story school building. A handicap ramp is built to the two classroom annex building added in 1976.
Double pane windows were added to the classrooms
The gym is at the heart of the building. It is approx. 76 ft by 45 ft with a full stage at the north end. The kitchen is on the east side of the gym. The kitchen has its own exit on the east side of gym wing. Boys and girls locker rooms open onto the gym. They have showers and bathrooms.
A full kitchen (approx. 30 ft by 19 ft) is adjacent to the gym. The stove (6 burners and grill) is under and exhaust hood. Five sinks and extra counter space aid in meal preparation. The kitchen has a serving window onto the gym.
The area to the east of the building is fenced in and already has a playground structure for the younger students. Traffic 23,890 cars pass the property along Greenfield (SEMCOG 2004) and 21,680 cars pass the property along West Outer Drive (SEMCOG 2011)
Parking Lot Description
73 parking spaces along the building on the north and west sides of the building. There are 3 handicap spaces.
The building has a boiler for heat. The classrooms are air conditioned. The two detached classrooms have forced air furnace and separate air conditioning units.
City of Detroit: Fact Sheet
Detroit (French for strait) was founded as a French outpost 1701 by Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac. The initial settlement of Fort Pontchartrain occupied an area of approximately one acre. The French ruled the area until 1760, and then the British until 1796 when the Americans took over as a result of Jay’s Treaty. The city was incorporated in 1815 and expanded over the years until today’s boundaries were established in 1926.Area 138.70 square milesPopulation 951,270 (2000 census)Dwelling Units 410,027 (2001 SEMCOG)Household Income $18,742 (1990 Census in 1989 Dollars)Per Capita Income $6,766 (1990 Census in 1989 Dollars)Employment 383,716 (1995 SEMCOG data)Median Housing Value $25,300 (1990 Census in 1989 Dollars)Altitude 581 feet (measured at the Detroit River) Detroit is Largest City in the State Anchors the seventh largest metropolitan area in the Nation Largest Private Employers Daimler Chrysler General Motors Corporation Henry Ford Health System Comerica Detroit Medical Center American Axle Cultural Attractions: Detroit Symphony Detroit Red Wings Detroit Tigers Detroit Lions Fischer Theatre Motown Museum African American Museum Detroit Institute of Arts Colleges & Universities University of Detroit-Mercy, Wayne State University, Center for Creative Studies, Wayne County Community College, Detroit College of Law
Community of Canton: Fact Sheet
The township of Canton was created by act of the Michigan Territorial Legislature on March 7, 1834 out of what had been Plymouth Township. It was named after the city of Canton in China. The name was chosen for the purpose of not conflicting with the name of any post office in existence at the time. At the time, there was a territorial law from April 12, 1827, prohibiting the incorporation of any new township having the same name as any existing post office. . Governor Lewis Cass returned the acts unapproved, citing a conflict under the law. The legislature thus had to substitute the names of Nankin and Pekin after the cities of Nanking and Peking in China. Although the name of Pekin was changed to Red ford in 1833, apparently when naming Canton, the legislature decided to continue having at least two townships named for Chinese cities.The first meeting to organize the township was held in April 1834.The
Share this: Print
Location & Information
7000 West Outer Drive
Detroit, MI, 48235
- Property Type: Church, School
- Size: 20354 sqft
- Year built: 1952
- Added: 9 years ago
- Zip: 48235